Quick Start: 4 weeks prior to your Event
MOISTURIZE & EXFOLIATE DAILY
Our solution goes into the layers of skin to develop into a deep dark color perfect for competition. It requires 30 days of prep to renew your skin. Please do not skip these steps as it is crucial to getting you as dark as necessary for stage lighting.
See OPTIONS BELOW
Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Body Scrub Use the code CST10 for 10% off all products. For those who choose not to make their own.
HOMEMADE SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE: 1/4 cup Room Temperature solid coconut oil with 1 cup granulated sugar mixed very thick. If desired add a few pumps of Liquid acne wash like Walmart brand OR baby shampoo this will make it creamy- Mix together This is approved for Peak Week.
IF USING ANY OTHER BRAND SUGAR SCRUB: Use caution as this might coat your skin and the color will not absorb into the skin. It will act as a barrier. AVOID using these 2 weeks prior to the competition. This is NOT approved for Peak Week!
EXFOLIATING TOWEL OPTION: Here is a link to purchase a recommended exfoliating towel EXFOLIATING TOWEL *Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges. This will create small scratches that will darken with the tan PART OF THE QUICK START
MOISTURIZER OPTION: Any Moisturizer will do! Moisturize DAILY as PART OF THE QUICK START.
"Peak week" -The week prior to your competition
You should be exfoliating for a couple weeks already!
· Monday& Tuesday - Exfoliate w/ homemade sugar coconut oil scrub OR LSR SCRUB and moisturize. It is important to only use these scrubs this week (or we can't guarantee the level of darkness you will achieve) Use discount code CST10 for 10% off all LSR products. Links to suggested products are provided. Do not use store Bar Soaps! The only approved bar soap is Rayz charcoal soap OR non- moisturizing gel soap to wash your body.
· Wednesday – Sugar scrub, NO moisturizer It is suggested to take a Mild Epsom Salts bath. (This will dry your skin out perfectly to get super dark)
- Thursday - NO Moisturizers! NO sugar Scrub. Wash with charcoal soap, Ph balance Body wash, or non- moisturizing gel soap w/exfoliating towel
- Friday - NO Moisturizers! NO sugar Scrub. You can shave at this time. you may use the exfoliating towel with a non- moisturizing gel soap, OR Liquid Sun Rayz Ph Balance Body Wash,
Use a baking soda paste (Mix baking soda with water to make a lotion type consistency) after you are done washing, shaving etc this is the last thing to go on your skin before your spray tan. Rub it all over your body paying special attention to your arm pits, RINSE it OFF.
DO NOT put on any lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume or cologne, the day of or After your spray tan application. If you have extremely dry or mature skin you can use the Liquid Sun Rayz Body Lotion this is the only lotion advised to use only BEFORE your tan.
Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day; if we spray tan your face be sure to wipe it off before applying makeup.
This section is for those who pay attention to DETAIL
PRE & POST TAN INSTRUCTIONS:
1) 4-6 weeks prior to your competition start Using the Homemade SUGAR SCRUB, get into the shower wet your skin. Turn off the shower and gently exfoliate from head to toe. OR Use an exfoliating towel, or gloves. Do this every time you shower. Pay special attention to your collar bone area, back, and abdominal area. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless/dark your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. YOU SHOULD Moisturize DAILY! Any Moisturizer will be fine at this point. OR Liquid Sun Rayz Body Lotion
2) Shaving It is suggested that you have shaved the morning of. ALL WAXING completed at least 7-10 days prior before your spray tan appointment. Be sure to use hard wax as sometimes strip wax rips off your skin and you will look like a tiger with stripes that darken when the color develops. Use caution when waxing as sometimes the wax residue will stay on the skin and you will get darker in that area. You cannot shave after your color is applied until after your competition. MEN that are not used to using a razor on their body can use body clippers!
3) IMPORTANT FOR MEN!! Painting your fingernails and toenails with clear polish will avoid staining of the nails.
4) Women will be sprayed nude. Remember to bring a hair clip. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Men competing in Men's Physique may wear underwear, Classic and BB will be sprayed nude for best results.
5)The actual spray tanning session takes about 5-10 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about 2-4 hours until completely dry.
6) IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TAN Bring either a silky robe, or oversized poly shirt and loose poly pants or shorts with flop-flops. avoid anything with fleece (sweatshirt or sweat pants) Silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the solution. Avoid red clothing or stiff tight fabrics! Avoid tank tops, bras, underwear, Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! In rainy weather bring an umbrella. Bring a towel to protect your seats in your car after the tan.
7) SLEEPING with your Tan, After your tan is dry please plan to sleep in form fitting Not SKIN TIGHT! Yoga or WO pants and a long sleeve polyester shirt. Loose clothes will bunch up and can create lines in the skin. This will also eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep; Or the double processing of skin that is touching skin ie. like legs together. If the color double processes it gets really dark in that area and can't be fixed with a touch-up. The color is active while it is processing for up to 8 hours if you touch yourself often the color will transfer to your hands and will be impossible to get off.
8) DO NOT SHOWER, unless advised to Or put on any deodorant, until after your competition.
** It is advised to use a tanning bed 5 weeks prior to your competition, once or twice a week just to activate your melanin. No Tanning bed 1 week prior to the event. If you use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned. Summer is great for a natural tan but beware of tan lines, and sun burns. They are extremely hard to cover. choose a suit that won't leave bad lines.
Competitors scheduled with Center stage tan assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
It is rare but I have seen it more recently. It's a skin fungus that we won't see until after the tan develops. It might come from the mats or benches at gyms. Unfortunately, we can't fix it. It will have the appearance of very dark circles in the skin. You will need to see a dermatologist if this happens to you.
I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless DARK Stage Tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.