For maximum results, spend four weeks prior to your competition spray appointment exfoliating with a sugar scrub(recipe below), and moisturizing your body, every other day, unless your used to daily exfoliation. The recommended competition exfoliate is Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub and Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Body Butter as your moisturizer. The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE – use a quick baking soda wash be sure to rinse it all off. Below are instructions to properly exfoliate:
Note: Those with mature or excessively dry skin may apply Liquid Sun Rayz Daily Moisturizer before being sprayed. This is the ONLY moisturizer we can guarantee a positive result. You can purchase these products on Liquidsunrayz.com website directly.
** If you choose to use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned. Summer is great for a natural tan but beware of tan lines! They are extremely hard to cover. choose a suit that wont leave bad lines.
"Peak week of your competition tan make sure to have been exfoliating for a couple weeks already with your sugar scrub!" Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps one week prior to your competition! Wednesday after using your sugar scrub wash entire body with baking soda gently. Friday eliminate the scrub, just use the baking soda right before your spray tan. You can use a non moisturizing gel soap prior to the baking soda.
Sugar scrub recipe: coconut oil with granulated sugar mixed thick. Add a few pumps of Liquid acne facial, Baby shampoo, wash like Walgreen. Mix together
1) Using Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub, homemade sugar scrub, or St Ives Apricot acne scrub gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth. Do this every couple days or daily if your skin is used to exfoliation. You may also shave using the sugar scrub as it starts to emulsify. Make sure to scrub your back too!!
2) . Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless/dark your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition.
*Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges.
3) Shaving It is suggested that you have shaved at least 8 hours before your spray tan, preferably the morning of, ALL WAXING completed at least 72 hours prior if you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7-10 days before your spray tan appointment. Be sure to use hard wax as sometimes strip wax rips off your skin and you will look like a tiger with stripes that darken when the color develops. You cannot shave after your color is applied until after your competition.
4) DO NOT put on any lotion, make-up, deodorant, perfume or cologne, Before or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day; if we spray tan your face be sure to wipe it off before applying makeup. These products will raise the skin's ph and turn your armpits and body green!
5) For men or women with natural nails painting the fingernails and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails.
6) Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing, like a satin robe for girls and loose shorts for guys and flip-flops. Do not wear any RED. The RED dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin GREEN! or An over sized shirt and over sized drawstring (non elastic) waistband style sweatpants made of silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff fabrics!! Tops that “easily” pull OVER your head are best. Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! Do Not Wear Jeans!
7) Women can be sprayed nude. Please remember to bring a tie, or clip to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Men competing in men’s physique may wear underwear, classic physique & Body building men should be sprayed nude, or sock for best results.
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 5-10 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about an hour until completely dry.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in Yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Or the double processing of skin that is touching skin ie. like legs together. If the color double processes it gets really dark in that area.
10) DO NOT SHOWER, unless advised to or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition.
Competitors scheduled with LSR assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
If using another company's tanning product it is important that it be rinsed off the skin before being sprayed by LSR. Please discuss the use of ANY other tanning products used BEFORE your appointment with us. We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of. I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.